Here’s what’s in bloom and of interest in the Winterthur Garden.
The most striking area is the copse at the East end of Oak Hill, across from the Quarry; the most splendid blooms are those of the Hyacinth Vine, in the Greenhouse Area.
- Meadows – see them soon as they will likely be mowed next week!
- Abelia grandiflora (Front entrance drive and near Dorrance Gallery)
- Toadlily (Tricyrtis formosana) in Azalea Woods and Glade Garden
- Zig-zag Goldenrod (Solidago fl3xicaulis) in lots of places
- Tea viburnum (Viburnum setigerum) – bright red berries on Oak Hill
- Camellia – above museum store
- Trifoliate orange (Poncirus trifoliata) – yellow fruits on Oak Hill
- Beauty berry (Calicarpa) – purple berries on Oak Hill